Sunday, July 3, 2011

Goodbyes suck....

The last couple of months have been crazy for us. We found out my brother in law was hospitalized  and a couple days after that we found out my F.I.L. had cancer. At times like these when we can't be close to family I dislike military life. I know it's life and I am grateful for everything the military has given us. But after we found out my F.I.L. 's cancer was already stage 4 and we had to fly to Cali it was insane. All the calls we had to make to the red cross and the hospital just so the hubby could get approval to leave. All I had to do was call work and tell them I was going to be gone for about 2 weeks. But thank god they approved his leave and even though we did not get to see him conscious we were there. We flew to Cali on  May 8th and he passed away May 11th. 

I know things like this happen everyday. People get sick and they die. But it's so freaking hard. After the funeral things calmed down a bit. But the funeral was so emotional for us. I cant handle change very well so a death to me is hella hard. We finally flew back to WA last saturday and we are slowly trying to get back to our routines. We have our hard days..monkey boy is having a hard time at daycare. He cries and holds me tight when I try to leave him. The hubby has his moments. We are fine at home but maybe because its our safe zone. I know we need time and only time will tell.



                                            R.I.P.  Mauricio Alonso

No comments:

Post a Comment