Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vinyl Spice Jars





I recently bought a Silhouette SD...and I totally love it! I decided to try the frosted glass vinyl. So I bought some spice jars at Ikea and got to work.



I cut out about 15 names of spices and herbs using my silhouette. I cut out the word Cloves.

I took out the extra vinyl only leaving the letters.

I cut out some heat transfer paper. I placed it over my letters and rubbed for a couple of seconds.



I peeled off the letters and placed them over the spice jar, and rubbed some more.


I peeled off the transfer paper and there you go. Some are a little crooked but they get the job done. Hope you guys like them. I am still getting used to my silhouette but I can not wait to do more things around the house.

7 comments:

  1. I think I would end up labeling everything!
    They look good and I love your nailpolish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.The nail polish is from Sally Hansen Salon Effects. They are so aweosme and easy!!! Yea I want to label everything and anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I wish I could buy them already done though...lol. I need new spice jars after I move next month, and Ikea is #1 on my hit list. I found your blog today...I will keep reading!
    -The Glamorous Army Wife
    http://theglamourouslifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute1 i have a cricut machine and have been dying to try out vinly. also thx for the blog comment. indeed she better be out of the pic or else!!! bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I want one of those fancy cutters sooo bad, but something always seems to be a more important purchase. *sigh*

    PS: I have a "make it" linky, and this project would be PERFECT for it! Please join!

    ReplyDelete